This option is available for the Business users only. To be able to use it, make sure that your server meets the following conditions:
Windows Server Edition (2003 or higher), with the minimum of the following roles and features installed and configured:
Here is a Demo video
- On your server, open the Active Directory Users and Computers → Refer to your domain → Under Users, make sure that all the users on your domain that you want to set DataAlign for them are added there. Also, make sure that each user there has an email added for him, by double-clicking on the user’s name (If the email field was blank, DataAlign will auto-fill based on username@domain).
- Now, run the DataAlign ADM setup, and from the window that will appear, select Deploy User’s Policy or Deploy Machine’s Policy. To understand more about their differences, please follow this link. In this example, we will use Computer Configuration.
- After that, open the Group Policy Management → Expand the Domains tree → Right-click the Default Domain Policy → Edit.
- In the Group Policy Management Editor window, go to Computer Configuration → Policies→ Right-click Administrative Templates → Add/Remote Templates.
- In the new dialog, press Add, and select DataAlignMachine.adm, then press Close.
- Now, you should see any entry in the Group Policy under Administrative Template called Classic Administrative Template (ADM). If you are using Windows 2003, you will not see this entry, instead, you should see CloudBackup entry directly underneath Administrative Templates. However, since were using Windows 2008 R2, we will need to double-click the Classic Administrative Template → Cloud Backup → Double-click Backup Settings on the right column for editing, or right-click it and select the Edit option.